GHEA supports and promotes home-based, parent-directed, privately funded, Christ-centered education in Georgia and encourages parents as they observe the Biblical commands to train their children.
What they do:
- Inform homeschooling families of legislative and policy issues affecting the family and home education.
- Advocate on behalf of the Georgia homeschool community with the governor’s office, the Georgia General Assembly, the Georgia Department of Education, the Georgia Student Finance Commission, and other state agencies.
- Offer individualized counseling as needed via telephone or email.
- Aid in the creation and growth of home education support groups throughout Georgia.
- Assist home educators in locating support groups in their area.
- Direct families coming into or leaving Georgia in terms of support groups and awareness of the laws governing home education.
- Provide families new to home education with information on home education and basic resources.
- Educate the public on the laws and merits of parent-directed home education.
- Monitor state and national legislation related to home education and provide information related to the legal climate both statewide and nationally.
- Protect the freedoms of home educators in Georgia and in our nation.
- Maintain a relevant, resource-rich website.
- Support and encourage participation in local homeschool groups.
- Provide GHEA speakers to groups and events interested in home education.
- Conduct periodic statewide home education workshops and other educational opportunities.
- Communicate in a wide variety of ways with the Georgia homeschool community, such as social media and email.
- Coordinate an annual Homeschool Day at the Capitol.
- Offer a graduation ceremony for GHEA members.
- Provide a growing organization that is capable of meeting the needs of the Georgia homeschool community today and in the future.
Learn more at GHEA.org.